Requests for copies of incident reports are to be sent to the Records Custodian by mail or use the form below. Please include the incident number (if available), the day/time, location of the incident, or any other details that will help us locate the correct incident report.
100 Voorhis St.
Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931
Fire Investigation Reports are available approximately 3 weeks from the date of the incident and depends on the completion of the fire investigation.
- For fire loss research on a property address or extensive fire property research, please provide the property location, date and year parameters to be researched. A fee for extensive research may apply. (NOTE: Fire reports are public records with exception of arson investigation reports unless closed.)
The following information must be provided with your request:
- If the patient is deceased, a copy of the death certificate identifying next of kin and/or legal documents of estate representative are required, along with a copy of the requesting family driver’s license, legal photo ID or attorney letter representing the estate.
- If the requestor is a law firm or insurance company, a signed notarized medical authorization is required. If the patient is a minor, the parent or legal guardian must sign authorization and state the relationship to the minor under the signature. If the signature is not legible, please write to type the person’s name under the signature.
- Please note, we do not mail out medical records to patients. You must come in to receive those records in person with proper photo ID. Hospitals, attorneys and subpoenaed records may be mailed after we contact you.
Note: The data contained on the rescue patient reports is confidential medical information. It is exempt from Florida Statutes 119.07, Public Records Law, and protected under Florida State Statutes 401.30, Medical Transport Law and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Public Law 104-191, Privacy Rule 45CFR Part 160-164
If you are looking to pay your ambulance bill please contact our 3rd party vendor EMSMC for payment processing. If you have other billing questions please use the form below to contact our billing team and someone will respond.
Fees and Billing
- The fee for Incident Reports is $0.15 per page (amount of pages per report will vary), plus postage.
- There is no charge up-front. A bill for the requested report will be included with the furnished report sent to you. Please return payment as instructed on the bill received.
If your request doesn't fall under one of these categories please call us or use the general inquiry form on our Contact Us page below to send your request.